Dr. A. Tassos Irinakis has contributed extensively to the Field of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontics via means of Teaching & Active Clinical Research.
Some of his contributions to the Research Community and the Dental Literature is offered below in the following peer-reviewed clinical studies:
1. Efficacy of Injectable Demineralized Bone Matrix as Graft Material During Sinus Elevation Surgery With Simultaneous Implant Placement in the Posterior Maxilla: Clinical Evaluation of 49 Sinuses.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Nov 1. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Immediate loading in the maxillary arch. Evidence based guidelines to improve success rates. A Review.
Chung S, McCullagh A, Irinakis T.
J Oral Implantol. 2010 Jun 16. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Clinical evaluation of the NobelActive implant system: a case series of 107 consecutively placed implants and a review of the implant features.
Irinakis T, Wiebe C.
J Oral Implantol. 2009;35(6):283-8.
4. Initial torque stability of a new bone condensing dental implant. A cohort study of 140 consecutively placed implants.
Irinakis T, Wiebe C.
J Oral Implantol. 2009;35(6):277-82.
5. The influence of interfering septa on the incidence of Schneiderian membrane perforations during maxillary sinus elevation surgery: a retrospective study of 52 consecutive lateral window procedures.
Malkinson S, Irinakis T.
Oral Surgery 2009;2(1):19-25.
6. The challenge of implant therapy in the posterior maxilla: providing a rationale for the use of short implants.
Morand M, Irinakis T.
J Oral Implantol. 2007;33(5):257-66. Review.
7. Preserving the socket dimensions with bone grafting in single sites: an esthetic surgical approach when planning delayed implant placement.
Irinakis T, Tabesh M.
J Oral Implantol. 2007;33(3):156-63.
8. Rationale for socket preservation after extraction of a single-rooted tooth when planning for future implant placement.
J Can Dent Assoc. 2006 Dec;72(10):917-22.
9. The use of lasers for periodontal debridement: marketing tool or proven therapy?
10. Intentional angulation of an implant to avoid a pneumatized maxillary sinus: a case report.
Chanthaboury R, Irinakis T.
J Can Dent Assoc. 2005 Oct;71(9):653-8.
Lim TJ, Csillag A, Irinakis T
, Nokiani A, Wiebe CB.
J Can Dent Assoc. 2004 Mar;70(3):164-8.